WONDERFUL .... ENLIGHTING.... HOPE YOU FIND IT USEFUL TOO....
In 1923, eight of the wealthiest people in the world met.
Their combined wealth, it is estimated, exceeded the wealth of the government of the
at that time. These
men certainly knew how to make a living and accumulate wealth. But let’s
examine what happened to them 25 years later. United States
1. President of the largest steel company, Charies Schwab, lived on borrowed capital for five years before he died bankrupt.
2. President of the largest gas company, Howard Hubson, went insane.
3. One of the greatest commodity traders, Arthur Cutton, died insolvent.
4. President of the New York Stock Exchange, Richard Whitney, was sent to jail.
5. A member of the President’s Cabinet, Albert Fall, was pardoned from jail to go home and die in peace.
6. The greatest “bear” on Wall Street, Jessie Livermore, committed suicide.
7. President of the world’s greatest monopoly, Ivar Krueger, committed suicide.
8. President of the Bank of International Settlement, Leon Fraser, Committed Suicide.
What they forgot was how to make life! Money in itself is not evil! Money provides food for the hungry, medicine for the sick, clothes for the needy; Money is only a medium of exchange.
We need two kinds of education.
.....a) One that teaches us how to make a living and
.....b) one that teaches us how to live.
There are people who are so engrossed in their professional life that they neglect their family, health and social responsibilities. If asked why they do this they would reply that they were doing it for their family.
Our kids are sleeping when we leave home. They are sleeping when we come home.
Twenty years later, we’ll turn back, and they’ll all be gone.
Without water, a ship cannot move. The ship needs water, but if the water gets into the ship, the ship will face problems. What was once a means of living for the ship will now become a means of destruction.
Similarly we live in time where earning is necessity but let not the earning enter our hearts, for what was once a means of living will become a means of destruction.
So take a moment and ask yourself……….
Has water entered my ship?