The useful information about the recent changes for
'Tourist visa on arrival' in india.
 TOURIST VISA ON ARRIVAL
Visa on Arrival Facility is available for holders of passport of following countries:
Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands,Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
1. International Travelers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
2. Passport should have at least six months validity.
3. International Travelers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
4. International Travelers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
5. Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
Instructions for Tourist Visa on Arrival (Enabled by ETA)
1. Applicants of the eligible countries may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example : If you are applying on then applicant can select arrival date from
2. Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name,date of birth, nationality , expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear and as per specification.
3. Tourist visa on arrival (TVoA) fee is US$ 60/- per passenger excluding interchange charge for credit/debit cards.The fee must be paid 4 days before the expected date of travel filled by you otherwise application will not be processed.
4. TVoA fee once submitted is non refundable.
5. Applicant should carry a copy of ETA along with him/her at the time of travel.
6. Biometric details of the applicant will be managerially captured at Immigration on arrival in India.
7. The validity of visa will be 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
8. Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is valid for entry through 9 designated Airports i.e. Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai & Trivandrum .
9. This facility is in addition to the existing Visa services.
10. Tourist Visa On Arrival (TVoA) is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year.
11. Tourist Visa On Arrival (TVoA) once issued on arrival is non-extendable , non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
12. Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking visa status.
13. For any assistance call 24 * 7 Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
 DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
The documents required for Tourist Visa On Arrival are:
1. Scanned First Page of Passport.
i. Format -PDF
ii Size : Minimum 10 KB ,Maximum 300 KB
The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
1. Format - JPEG
a. Minimum 10 KB
b. Maximum 1 MB
3. The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
4. Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open.
5. Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
6. Background should be plain light colored or white background.
7. No shadows on the face or on the background.
8. Without borders.