The age of 50 and above has a name - the Golden Years. And not for naught. Maybe it's getting closer and more intimate with your partner, or just that you suddenly have more time to spend. Whatever the reason, anyone over 50 will tell you that having relations just gets better as you get older - and we'll tell you why!
Image: photostock/ freedigitalphotos.net
1. Self-ConfidenceAt 50 and above, you are the best version of yourself! You know who you are as an individual and what you seek in life. You know that you should focus on those things that are important to you. This new found self-confidence can help you in the bedroom to live in the moment and embrace your choices, especially the choices you make in your love and sex life. There's less shame, less debilitating self-awareness and more good, confident self-awareness. 2. SpontaneityOnce the children have already left the house, suddenly an air of spontaneity and risk-taking enters your life, and even expresses itself in your sex life. Whether you and your partner suddenly decide to embark on a vacation or spend a romantic evening together in bed, you have to admit that there are a number of benefits to having an empty nest.
3. No PressureOnce you've reached a certain age, the level of pressure on your physical performance in bed disappears. It becomes more about how you feel in the moment and not about how long you can last in the sack. Having relations after 50 is more about connecting with your partner and finding out what pleasures both of you the most.
4. Leaving the Past BehindWhen we are young, we tend to compare our past partners with current ones, but after 50 these competitive or even guilty feelings disappear. Today, you are able to understand your sexual relations as a natural, intimate and even beautiful way to demonstrate your love for your partner.
5. No WorriesOnce you have reached 50, it's really all down hill here from there! This is not only true in your daily level of stress, but also in your love and sex lives. At younger ages, the tendency is to think about the meaning of sex and what the implications could be, but at older ages, these considerations are no longer relevant and it's time to wave goodbye to a ticking biological clock.
Image: stockimages/ freedigitalphotos.net
6. SpiritualityBelieve it or not, but sex can even be a spiritual experience. Spiritual sex is known in some cultures as 'tantric' sex, which refers not only to the physical and emotion pleasure of experiencing an orgasm, but the profound and even mystical bonding that occurs when you make love. In spiritual sex, two people can connect, see their souls merge, and learn more about their partner and what they enjoy. Although it may sound a bit kooky, it's definitely worth a try!
7. The OrgasmSome people claim, especially women, that after 50 it is possible to reach an orgasm even more times and more easily. At an older age, the body is more sensitive and during sex, its sensors have a party! This makes it easier for women to orgasm faster and more powerfully than they may have in their youth. This also means that the men get a bit of a break in terms of their workload.
8. Free TimeThis is a major game-changing factor in your sex life. Whereas before, there were a million things rushing through your head, making it hard to focus on the passionate action at hand, once you have reached the retirement age, you have a lot more free time and a much lighter burden on your shoulders. You should use this free time to get to know your partner's wishes, desires and what makes them feel good, for it is certain that these wonderful insights will dramatically improve your time together in bed.
9. ClarityAt younger ages, sex is a complicated, emotion-filled experience that is difficult if not impossible to describe. Once you reach 50, you have spent time with your spouse and know how your love life works. You now feel more comfortable hopping in the sack. After 50, you begin to realize that life is short and that it's worthwhile to take chances and let yourself go during intercourse. Your sense of clarity and balance can help skyrocket your sexual pleasure to new and greater heights!